Thursday, September 27, 2012

For the Love of Dairy: Five States in 36 Hours



Via planes, train and automobile, I managed to set foot in five states during a span of 36 hours this past Sunday to Monday. Much of my time was spent driving through rural Pennsylvania to get to and from the Northeast Dairy Convention and speak on the topic of “What’s Hot and What’s Not” in new dairy product introductions.

I drove by--and honked a few times at--many herds of dairy cows.

There was a hand-painted barn telling me: Drink Pennsylvania Milk. I obliged and ordered a freshly prepared latte at a Sheetz c-store.

I even saw a few billboards promoting general dairy consumption. So I dug in my bag and pulled out the snacking cheese I saved while in the United Club.

As I belted out the verses to Rod Stewart’s Forever Young, I smiled. That drive, once again, confirmed how blessed I am to be part of the dairy industry.

It truly was an honor to speak to a room packed with Northeastern dairymen (and dairy women). I could see the passion on their faces. They lit up when I talked about how dairy’s already very positive image continues to grow stronger. They were encouraged by my words of unlimited opportunity for growth through innovative product development.

Luke Brubaker of Brubaker Farms proudly shared this VIDEO.

I spoke with some recruiters at the convention who specialize in placing dairy professionals in the booming Northeast dairy region. (Interested? Visit HERE.) They, too, are amazed by the growth in dairy, which is being driven largely by yogurt.

And speaking of yogurt, I just completed an article for Food Business News on the yogurt category. I invite you to link HERE and enjoy the read. Hopefully it will inspire and reaffirm why you are in this industry.

Missed my presentation in Pennsylvania? Try to come and hear me speak on this topic at the Oregon Dairy Industries annual conference on April 9 and 10. For more information, visit HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment